January Birthstone Jewelry
About Gorgeous Garnets
Garnet: the beloved January Birthstone, captivates all attention with its rich red hues. Romantic is the first thing that comes to our minds when we take a good glance at it. Probably why it has come to be one of the most sought after choices to fashion jewelry with. Interestingly, the word Garnet itself is derived from the word granatus that is Latin for pomegranate, thanks to its deep red color.
Fun fact: What most people don’t know is that though deep blood red is the most common color of garnets, its color often ranges from purplish to green (tsavorites for that matter)
What does Garnet symbolize?
Garnets have long been known to symbolize love, passion and inspiration thanks to its deep and fierce red color. It is widely regarded as the gem that celebrates second anniversary, thus making for a meaningful gift for the same.
Garnet and the 4Cs
- Cut: The cut of Garnet ranges from a classic round, oval, cushion, baguette to more precise heart, marquise, pear and princess cut.
- Color: The color of Garnet is usually a deep, blood red.
- Clarity: Red Garnets are usually devoid of any eye-visible inclusions.
- Carat: The carat weight of garnets typically range from 0.01 to 4 CT.
The Red and Royal Garnet Jewelry
The wide variety of timeless pieces that we carry in our collection of Garnet Jewelry include:
- Rings: The Garnet rings in our collection range from the Classic Solitaire, Halo, Two Stone, Engagement, Anniversary Rings to more elaborate antique pieces and designer Bridal Rings.
- Earrings: The Garnet Earrings in our collection range from the classic solitaire to floral studs for a captivating everyday look, dazzling drop and dangle earrings for your radiant parties and hoop earrings for that chic work look.
- Pendant: Our range of Garnet Pendants vary from the most classic Garnet Solitaire Pendant to bolder designs including three stone Garnet Pendant, Vintage Art Deco Pendants and Floral Motif Pendants.
- Bracelets: Garnet Bracelets in our collection go from being the most classic Garnet Tennis Bracelet to something more intricately designed including Floral Bolo Bracelet, ZigZag Bangle Bracelets.
Can you wear Garnets everyday?
Garnets possess a hardness rating of 6.5-7.5 on Moh’s scale, making for a durable gemstone jewelry that can withstand the wear and tear of everyday wear.
What are the benefits of wearing Garnet Jewelry?
Fondly hailed as the stone of love and success, Garnets have long been believed to work like a lucky charm in relationships along with protecting the wearer from all kinds of negativity. Similar to its fierce red hues, it instills passion, thus bringing success to the life of the wearer.
How do you clean Garnet Jewelry?
Garnet Jewelry is typically cleaned with a lukewarm solution of soapy water. Make sure to be gentle and pat it dry with a clean microfiber cloth afterwards.
What color is a Garnet birthstone?
Garnets, though also available in a plenty of other colors, are most commonly red.
When did Garnet jewelry gain popularity?
A while after its initial discovery back in the 16th century, Garnet Jewelry garnered some popularity in the coming 18th and 19th centuries and began to be gifted as a meaningful symbol of friendship, trust and peace.