February Birthstone Jewelry
About Alluring Amethysts
The radiant and royal February Birthstone: Amethyst, knows the way right to all of our jewelry boxes. With its color ranging from a light lilac to deep violet, Amethyst is truly a one of a kind gem. This purple variety of quartz is a stunning pick for all occasions, something even the royalties are an avid admirer of.
Fun fact: The name Amethyst itself is derived from the Greek word ‘Amethystos,’ which means ‘not intoxicated.’ That takes us back to this fascinating tale of Amethystos, a beautiful young girl who faced the wrath of a drunken Dionysus, the Greek God of wine. Left with no resort, she asked Goddess Diana for help who turned her into a white rock. Dinonysus, after getting back to his senses, spilled red wine all over the rock in remorse. That gave birth to the purple quartz, Amethyst, that we all adore.
What does Amethyst symbolize?
Amethyst has long been hailed as the symbol of purity of spirit, calmness and wisdom, thanks to its soothing purple hues. Such religious grounds that its purple hues are even known to symbolize Christ with Saint Valentine having donned an Amethyst ring set carved with cupid back in his days. It is also renowned as the gem that commemorates the 6th marriage anniversary.
Amethyst and the 4 CS
- Cut: The shape of Amethyst ranges from a classic round, oval, pear and marquise to more profound princess, baguette, heart and cushion cut.
- Color: The color of Amethyst ranges from a light lilac to deep purple, possessing no color zoning.
- Clarity: The clarity of Amethyst ranges from being eye clean to a few visible inclusions, thus falling under the type 2 gemstone.
- Carat: The carat weight of Amethyst typically ranges from 0.25 to 4 CT.
The Epitome of Royalty: Amethyst Jewelry
Our eternally gorgeous collection of this February Birthstone Jewelry includes:
- Rings: The radiant rings in our collection range from a classic Amethyst solitaire engagement rings, Anniversary rings to fascinating floral rings, bypass rings and vintage art deco rings.
- Earrings: The Amethyst earrings in our collection ranges from the classic stud earrings, halo earrings for everyday wear to dangle drop earrings and hoop earrings, making for a fancier accessory.
- Pendant: Amethyst Pendants are nothing short of graceful and range from Simple Solitaire Pendants, Geometric Pendants to Braided, floral and romantic styles. You name the occasion, our Amethyst Pendants got you covered!
- Bracelets: Our collection of Amethyst Bracelets range from Simple Solitaire Chain Bracelets, Classic Tennis and Bolo Bracelets to more expressive designs including Floral and Infinity Bracelets.
What are the benefits of wearing Amethyst?
Amethyst are known to possess a number of physical healing properties that include regulation of hormones, help with digestion and headaches, emotional healing properties that include treatment of addiction along with bestowing the wearer with a sense of serenity. Apart from that, they are also known to impart the wearer with wisdom.
What color is the February Birthstone?
The color of Amethyst can range from a light lilac to deep purple.
How do you care for Amethyst Jewelry?
Amethyst Jewelry shall be cleaned with a lukewarm solution of soapy water along with a soft microfiber cloth to pat it dry. Being gentle is the key. Always avoid exposure to harsh chemicals. Make sure to treat your jewelry to some professional care twice a year.
Can you wear Amethyst regularly?
Possessing a hardness of around 7 on Moh’s scale, Amethyst can be worn on a regular basis with much ease since it can withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
What does Amethyst stand for?
Amethyst are known to symbolize chastity, healing and transquility. Its name derives from the Greek work amethystos that means ‘not intoxicated.’