December Birthstone Jewelry
About December Birthstone Jewelry
The purplish-blue hued beauty that we just can’t look past: Tanzanites. Ever since its discovery back in 1967, Tanzanite has been a prized possession for December borns. This color is a fan favorite and when combined with blue, its charm is hard to match. It is considered to be a relatively rarer gemstone and is named after its place of discovery, Tanzania.
Fun Fact: What many people don’t know about Tanzanites is that it possesses a unique phenomenon, thanks to which it exhibits three different colors: blue, violet and red when viewed from three different angles. The phenomenon is termed as trichroism and it finds its place thanks to the crystalline structure of Tanzanite.
What does Tanzanite symbolize?
As much as we’re a fan of their uniqueness, Tanzanites are equally treasured for being a symbol of luck, dignity, truth and prosperity. These are also hailed for representing longetivity, thus making for a sought after token of love. It bestows the wearer with a sense of calmness.
Tanzanite and the 4 Cs
- Cut: The shape of Tanzanite ranges from a classic round, oval, pear and princess to more elaborate baguette, cushion, heart and marquise cut.
- Color: The color of Tanzanite is known to be a vivid blue with slight hints of purple.
- Clarity: Belonging to the category of type 1 gemstones, Tanzanite is believed to be eye clean, i.e., devoid of any visible inclusions.
- Carat: The carat weight of Tanzanite jewelry typically ranges between 0.25 to 4 CT.
Royal and Radiant: Tanzanite Jewelry
- Rings: The Tanzanite rings in our collection are inclusive of the most classic solitaire, floral, halo, cluster along with more elaborate styles including vintage, art deco, three stone, bypass, split shank, infinity and wedding band.
- Earrings: The Tanzanite earrings in our collection is inclusive of solitaire stud, floral, cluster, swirl, nature inspired along with vintage, three stone, infinity, geometric, hoop, bridal and statement.
- Pendant: The collection of Tanzanite Pendants is inclusive of Solitaire, Two Stone, Disc, Cluster along with more expressive styles including open circle, curved bar, floral, chevron and open circle.
- Bracelets: The Tanzanite Bracelets we possess include Tennis, Station Chain, Bolo, Solitaire, Bangle along with Link Chain, Geometric chain, etc.
Does Tanzanite break easily?
Tanzanites possess a hardness of 6.5 to 7 on Moh’s scale and are known to be a fairly tough gem.
Do Tanzanites fade?
Tanzanite don’t usually fade but just like any other gem, prolonged exposure to sunlight can sometimes make the gem lose its color.
What are the benefits of wearing Tanzanite?
Having associations with the three chakras: throat, third eye and the crown, Tanzanites are known to bless the wearer with physical healing abilities that include treatment of all kinds of skin ailments, eye and ear disorders as well as strengthening of the immune system of the wearer. They bestow the wearer with enhanced psychic abilities.
What is special about Tanzanite?
Apart from its rarity, Tanzanites are a prized possession thanks to their trichroic abilities. It is known to radiate three different colors when viewed from three different angles: violet, blue and red. It is because thanks to its crystalline structure, it is known to scatter in different planes. That’s one of the rarest and most interesting characteristic in a gem.
What is the best quality Tanzanite?
The most sought after Tanzanites are known to possess a vivid blue color and inclusion free clarity.