Freshwater Pearl Engagement Rings
About Freshwater Pearl Engagement Rings
Freshwater pearl engagement rings from Rosec Jewels speak for the serene beauty of freshwater pearls with their soft luster and delicate surface. Natural pearls have been an object of fascination for centuries owing to the mysterious formation of these organic gemstone by the biological activity of oysters and mollusks. Although, a rare find in nature, the use of cultured freshwater pearls for crafting pearl engagement rings for women who would love to adorn pearl and diamond engagement rings to make statement of their unique personality.
We, at Rosec Jewels constitute a team of experienced artisans responsible for creation of engagement rings to appeal to the tastes of women across the globe. Our experimentation with different shapes and sizes of freshwater pearls, metal embellishments and gemstones helped us come out with spectacular vintage pearl rings and pearl diamond rings to celebrate your proposal with. Besides, we also create further assortment in engagement rings by blending pearls with different gold hues thus enabling women to choose from white gold pearl rings and rose gold pearl rings.
Freshwater Pearl Engagement Ring Meaning
The freshwater pearl rings for engagement are believed to symbolize loyalty and integrity in relationships.
Quality Factors of Freshwater Pearl Engagement Rings
- Color: Freshwater pearls are available to jewelers in number of hues ranging from silver, white, white rosé, gold or pink to craft enticing freshwater pearl engagement rings.
- Size: Freshwater pearl sizes can range from 3 mm to 13 mm and on rare occasion can even be larger. Larger the size of pearls more is the price fetched for freshwater pearl rings.
- Luster: Luster is the glow that comes from within a freshwater pearl through the nacre layers. By far, it is the most important factor to define the grade of freshwater pearl rings.
- Surface: A smooth surface of the nacre layer will be a major factor while it comes to defining the grade of the freshwater pearl engagement rings.
- Nacre Quality: A well layered and thick nacre in freshwater pearl will not just determine the appearance but will also help it last longer over years.
- Pearl Shape: A perfect round shape is the highest grading score any pearl can fetch, however, other popular shapes drop, button and baroques don’t fall behind.
Freshwater Pearl Engagement Ring FAQs
Is freshwater pearl a good choice in engagement rings?
As far the meaning of pearls is concerned in an engagement ring, they are a fitting choice to lay down the marriage proposal, however, measuring 2.5-3 on Mohs scale of hardness, the pearls are quite vulnerable to scratches and hence must be carefully worn to avoid any unwanted scratches while wearing freshwater pearl engagement rings.
What is difference between cultured and natural Freshwater Pearls?
Freshwater Pearls are formed in nature as a defense mechanism of oysters and mollusks when an microorganism gets trapped inside the mollusk. In case of natural pearls, the formation takes place naturally while as with cultured pearls, whose formation is accelerated with the help of human interventions in cultured freshwater water reservoirs.
How to take care of Freshwater Pearl Engagement Rings?
Freshwater pearl engagement ring should be worn with utmost care and any sort of contact with cosmetics, whatsoever must be avoided. As the use of hairspray, lotion or perfume can dull the luster of the pearl. After their use, wipe them with soft tissue or cloth before putting them back. The organic gem must be kept in soft cloth bag to help them breathe.
How can I know if my pearl engagement ring is real?
When you are about to buy freshwater pearl engagement rings, you should make it a point to check for the SGL certificate which defines the freshwater pearl in all of the quality factors. Also, the authenticity and purity of the gold used in crafting such engagement rings can be checked by the hallmark.
Can freshwater pearls peel?
Freshwater pearls are quite soft and might get cracked or scratched if handled carelessly, yet no such issue of peeling is encountered when it comes to pearl engagement rings.